Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Behind the Scenes - Reaction


Have you ever wondered what goes on in LoveCats head? The story behind some of your favorite outfits? Now you can get a sneak peek into the world of LoveCats with this special blog exclusive interview about one of the latest LoveCats Neko Shop & Mall design; Reaction!

What inspired you to create this latest design?
This is an example of an outfit that starts as one idea but evolves into something else as I work on it. When I was playing with texturing I fell in love with the pin striping so reworked it a little. I love the dressed-up but very sexy neko look that comes from this outfit.

What was the hardest part of the outfit to design?
Deciding on a boot style. Part of me was tempted to take this away from a "neko" outfit but as I thought about it I decided that it could hold its own as a  neko or non-neko outfit. We all have amazing black heeled boots in our inventory that we could pair it with. I liked the idea that it could do double- duty.

What was the easiest part of the outfit to design?
The dress/jacket. I knew the basic look I wanted for it but I changed up the skirt length from my origingal intent.

How did you decide upon making it in black?
Black lends itself perfectly to pin striping

The sleeves are amazing! Where did you get the idea for them?
I knew I needed a bit of a structured look- something different in Neko wear. Many designs are slumpy or grungy or fun... I wanted to try a totally different idea here.

Where can you envision someone wearing this outfit on SL?
I think to any social event or sim exploring. It is so different and eye catching- anywhere you want to be noticed.

Anything else you'd like to mention about this outfit?

I hope you can have fun with this- the jacket/dress could be switched up with some under layers- leather pants and heels for example or a bandeau top. I've seen it worn without the prim skirt too and its hot

Any hints to your next amazing creation?
I've completed work on a new line of separates! 8 new items in several colors each.. that can be worn casually or paired up with other pieces to make an elegant outift.

No comments:

Post a Comment