Saturday, March 26, 2011

Behind the Scenes - Stardust



Have you ever wondered what goes on in LoveCats head? The story behind some of your favorite outfits? Now you can get a sneak peek into the world of LoveCats with this special blog exclusive interview about one of the latest LoveCats Neko Shop & Mall design; Stardust!

What inspired you to create this latest design?
I've really had my head in the clouds lately, faes and sprites and magical beings. I was thinking about the store lacking white outfits and the thought came to me to do a pegasus or angel... well, the angel theme has been done so many times I thought I would try something really fantastical. I think this was kind of the culmination of all my dreaming.

What was the hardest part of the outfit to design?
It seems the things I enjoy the most are those I find easiest. Since I really had fun with this outfit I didn't find anything really difficult.

What was the easiest part of the outfit to deisgn?
Once I got a feel for the 'classical' pegasus wing's look passed from the Greeks to the Middle ages and Renaissance I got really psyched about trying to recreate them realistically. I had a lot of fun with it.

Unicorn horn, pegasus wings, neko tail; creating a new type of creature?
Well... A pegasus is a winged horse and a unicorn is a horned horse. Hybrid unicorn/pegasus hybrids are pretty common in fantasy these days. Since horses have tails, I figured a full pretty tail like the ones we carry already would be purrfect.

You offer both kitty boots and a hooved version, what made you decide to make both types?
I originally made the outfit with the digi legs... I felt like it would be a lot of fun and a bit more different but realized that really dedicated neko's might prefer to be a neko dressed as a pegasus/unicorn... rather than moving toward a more 'furry' look. I felt it best to offer both options. Honestly... I don't know which I like better, I switch back and forth- I think they are both great options.

Anything else you'd like to mention about this outfit?
Just like most everything I make... I made this usable for many occasions. The outfit can be worn without the wings and horn for a really cute and sexy- strictly 'neko' look, the wings can be used in a 'fae' outfit with another white outfit. I love mixing and matching and having lots of options. So much comes with this outfit that I really do find it a "must have"

Any hints to your next amazing creation?

I've just finished up a new group gift for men and women I hope everyone loves. After this, I think I'm going to switch direction a bit... though what that means, I'm not sure yet. I go where my imagination takes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment